Friday, February 4, 2011

Still thinking about it...

I dropped Brynner's tennis ball in the church toilet on Sunday. Lovely. See, some time between trying (the operative word) to hold his collection of stuff and holding him up on the sink and getting the soap and drying his hands... it slipped. One bounce and into the toilet it went as I watched helplessly over my shoulder. I seriously considered leaving it there for half a second, then realized some kid would probably have a heart attack and die. So, I did the one thousand and forty fifth gross thing since becoming a parent, reached in and retrieved it-soggy and dripping. Thew it in the trash, did my grossed out dance (that involves a lot of head shaking and running in place in case you wanted a visual-you're welcome), and washed my hands three times for good measure. Because I was so sneaky Brynn had completely forgotten tennis balls even existed. Me? I can't seem to forget. Quick! Someone squeeze lemon juice in my eye!

2 people said...:

Cheri said...

The things we have do as parents! Glad Brynner didn't notice his ball was gone!

Sycamore Girl said...

I was waiting for the part where B sees you do it and freaks out at your throwing his ball away...and then you do the 1046 grossest thing and retrieve it for him, wash it and give it back to him. Which would have been the 1047 grossest thing.

I'm proud of you.

PS- my Word Verification word is "inept"

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails