Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Sad Birthday!

Our baby boy turned 1 this month! I can't believe he's been with us for a whole year! No cutesy party for Brad's son. We had a family biker rally complete with temporary tattoos, do-rags, and a Harley Davidson inspired cake. Ideally the birthday boy would have been happy and feeling well, but alas, we would find out that afternoon at the Doctor's, he had a ear ache on his left side and pretty much had a miserable day. An early nap allowed for a little break in the tears but they flowed freely almost the entire party. He didn't eat much of his lunch and didn't want to touch his cake let alone eat/play with it. Are you excited to see pictures from this happy day??!!!
Brynner crying on Dad's Harley with Mom
Brynner crying while opening gifts with Poppy.
Brynner chewing on gifts...at this point in the day we thought he was teething.

Brynner's little cake. You know...the one that he didn't want anything to do with.

Brynner thinking how strange everyone is for the sudden out break of song.

Poppy helping Brynner get messy.

Brynner not liking messy...or ear aches....I forget which

Brad threw this cake together 15 min. before people arrived. Good job hon!

Yes, that is a vacuum attachment for a pinata stick. What do you use?!

This is on his actual birthday. He enjoyed his cake this time!

Finally we have a happy Brynner on his Happy Birthday!!!

6 people said...:

Anonymous said...

It was so sad to see him so miserable at his party. I am so glad to see him smile on his real birthday. Thanks for letting me have so much fun being with him for three days. Grandpa came home from work and said, "It sure is quiet around here." Ohhhh. We miss Brynner all ready.

Camie said...

They grow up too fast don't they!? So cute though! That's too bad he was sick!!

Cheri said...

At least he was happy on his real B-day! Poor guy wasn't have fun at his party. At least he's feeling better now. My kids had a great time though! Thanks! Hey send me their pic's on the bike!

britta said...

Brynner is total ROCK STAR!! Holy cow. What a cool kid. It looks like his party was awesome even if he didn't feel so great. Happy Birthday Brynner!

Sycamore Girl said...

Seriously? Its been a year already? That means Natty is up next. Crazy. I didnt know Brad had a harley. but of course, its not surprising. Brynner needs a leather suit soon.

Girly- are you gonna get a massage already? Really. Come to my office soon before my hands get chopped off or something. Then you'll really have missed out!

Holmes Family said...

I cannot believe he's 1 year old already! Looks like it was such a fun day! He is so cute!
From your other post, I brush my teeth too hard as well. I ended up having to buy a battery powered motion tooth brush to force myself to stop pushing so hard. I figure the bristles are spinning pretty fast so they must be clean. The dentist still only recommended I let the bristles only barely touch my teeth. Luckily, the massaging motion of the bristles will "eventually" help my gums stop receeding.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails