Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tip from Tahnie: Brushing Teeth

I brush my teeth too hard. It's true. My logic-if you want them really clean, brush really hard and Tadaa! really clean. Not the case when it comes to teeth. Apparently my gums are receding because I brush too hard. I now only use my two pinky's to hold my toothbrush. You should do the same. It was an important lesson learned. It made me think about more things I could be doing too intensely.

  1. I have an actual indentation on my right middle finger from years and years of pushing too hard as I write.
  2. Just the other day, I actually got a very painful blister on my finger from getting out a few stains on Brynner's clothes.
  3. I can cut through those Styrofoam plates like butter, and I also recall snapping plastic forks right and left! (I decided against inserting a bad joke on how they don't make right and left handed forks. Good decision, glad I left it out.)
  4. I've been know to take a bottle of those overly enthusiastic scrubbing buddies bathroom cleanser and doing havoc on my bathroom. I can scrub good and hard as long as I have on a pair of rubber gloves. I feel empowered, I would dare say even fearless with them on!
  5. Brad and I went to Disneyland this week (another post) I intensely played the new Toy Story 2 shoot game. My hand hurt so badly from pulling the trigger I could barely eat afterward. OK I didn't have that hard of a time. I found that after spending $17.00 on a sandwich, my animal instincts kicked in, I ate through the pain.

What does this all mean?? I honestly don't know. Just promise me this: Use light circular motions on those pearly whites of yours.

7 people said...:

Sycamore Girl said...

Did you ever see Hancock? You are secretly a super-hero super strong woman. Just admit it. You and your receding gums- HA, that's just a decoy to the real truth!
I think we all brush, write, clean too hard. It's a psychological thing. ...and probably a life lesson.
"Lighten up!"

Melanie Sharp said...

I have actually had the same problem with my teeth. Dentist informed me no one should brush with anything but soft toothbrushes (and brush strokes as well:-) Loved the birthday post - so fun.

Anonymous said...

I failed you. I didn't teach you to brush soft enough. My dentist told me the same thing years ago....don't brush so hard! Use soft bristles...Do better in teaching Brynner

Tahnie said...

How about a new post!?!?!?!

Tahnie said...

Go ahead Mr. Roska.

The Newton's said...

Sorry about the Christmas party. We were out of town and then our computer was out of commission. That would have been a lot of fun though. I think that we should do a fondue party in Jan. We could do it at our house again or we could come down to your house this time. I have a yummy cheese and also chocolate recipe. I think it sounds like fun. Let me know what you think and I will write Amy as well.

Brooke said...

I have the same problem as well--I think I am almost OCD about brushing my teeth.

I can't believe your little man is 1 already...why is it that that happens so fast? He is adorable and the party looks like SO much fun. I feel bad my little guy didn't get such an exciting first...or second...birthday party. Maybe we'll take some hints for #3!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails