Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bob and Randy Harmon care

I was asked to bring dinner to a family in our ward. I was excited to do it! I love to cook/bake and so off to the store I went at three o'clock to get the items I was lacking. That would give me three hours to make and deliver upon my word. I bought all the groceries and started to load them in my car when I realized that Brynner was still holding the bottle of yeast and I had shoplifted. Not only had I shoplifted but I killed two plastic bottles by not taking in my "go green" green bags and I had to use two "for shame" bags. I whipped the cart around to head inside. I was very careful to not make eye contact with anyone I saw...they'd know I had shoplifted! I apologized to the boy carrying in the cart, the cashier, and the bag boy ( I really did). They didn't seem to care. I'm also telling you. Do you care? Well I bet Bob and Randy Harmon would have cared that I shoplifted a six dollar and eighty-nine cent bottle of yeast. I bet he would have cared that I felt really bad about it. What's next?! Batteries? (Just so you know, that was the edgiest thing I could think of) Sins aside, I finally made it home at four o'clock! How did it get that late?! I guess shoplifting and killing plastic bottles took more time then I thought it would. Two hours to go. Brynner ran off to his room and I started to fly around the kitchen. I went to check on Brynner when I saw something fall from the top of the fridge. It was my new vase from the flowers Brad brought home a few weeks before (It would be appropriate to applaud this gesture next time you see him). And I use past tense because it broke into four thousand seven hundred and fifty two pieces. It took me approximately twenty-eight minutes to clean up. I won't even go into the fit Brynner was throwing because he was restricted to one room. He was watching Little Einstein's, which is a treat for him for heavens sake. I thought he'd be cool, he was very uncool. Sins and glass and throwing fits aside, I did manage to finish the meal. I was 10 min. late and nobody was home when I took it over.....but at least I delivered upon my word. You care right? I bet Bob and Randy Harmon would.

6 people said...:

Kathryn said...

Oh man! What an afternoon! Your stories make me laugh, although I'm sure i wouldn't be laughing if this all happened to me ;)

Sycamore Girl said...

I care Tahnie, truly I do. "Shame bags"? Is that what they are called now? Seriously? Come on people. I hate when I go into Whole Foods and I forget my "green bags" (which are not even green by the way!)and I have like 10 items or something and they STILL ask me, "Do you want a bag?" Its not "Paper or Plastic" anymore- its, "Do you want a bag you horrible person!?" of course with a smile. YES I WANT A BAG! AND I'D LIKE EVERY ITEM BAGGED SEPARATELY TOO!!! IN PLASTIC!!! *sigh*
I digress.
I bet that meal was pretty darn tasty. Good job for being super woman!
Oh, and Natalie has stolen a few things whilst shopping...what little kid hasn't?

Anonymous said...

$6.98 FOR YEAST!!??!! WHERE WAS IT, IN BETWEEN THE FILET MIGNON AND THE PREMIUM CRAB LEGS? ON THE SHELF RIGHT BELOW THE ROLEX'S AND RIGHT ABOVE THE GUCCI BAGS?

Cheri said...

Too funny! I love your stories. My kids have shoplifted things too! It sucks to have to go back in when you're in such a hurry. Glad you got the meal done (almost) on time!

The Tews said...

Tahnie - you are so funny! You captured the crazy life of an LDS,eco-concious,Harmon shopping, mother of a shoplifting toddler perfectly! Fun to read your blog and get caught up on your life. Brynner is adorable - I added you to my list so I can stop in more often. :)

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give-away!

...and thanks for being a follower! It's nice to have fans!

-Jessie

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails