Saturday, July 17, 2010

How it all went down

07/06/10

11:00 P.M. Contractions start coming every 3 to 5 minutes.

07/07/

5:00 A.M. Contractions stop steadily coming and decide to be sporadic through out the day making me doubt I'm even in labor.

4:00 P.M. Brad makes me call my Doc and he suggests getting checked out in the hospital.

4:30 P.M. Grandma Carter comes over to watch Brynner and Brad gets home from work.

6:30 P.M. Nurse says my water is still intact and suggests we walk around for a half hour to see if my contractions are still steady.

6:40 P.M. Brad and I book it down three flights of stairs to the cafeteria (in my hospital gown mind you) so I can sneak some food. Best blueberry yogurt/trail mix of the year.

6:50 P.M. I'm standing in front of the double doors shoveling in nuts and dried fruit before going back to the "No eat" zone. Of course I forget to eat dinner with everything going down.

7:00 P.M. Nurse checks again and says my water broke. Apparently I was too busy stuffing my face to even notice.....it was some good yogurt y'all.

8:00 P.M. I get my epidural while Brad races home to put our little one to bed.

11:00 P.M epidural decides to stop working.

11:25 P.M Anesthesiologist (finally!) comes and gives me another dose.

11:30 P.M. I experienced dilating from a 5+ to a 10 (in a half hour!) without epidural working feels like. Holy Hanna! I panicked at first because it came on so suddenly, then took over Brad's hand and went to work. Hand is surprisingly still attached.

11:35 P.M. Three pushes later, our little Laynie Simone Roska is born. 6 lbs 1 oz. 18 inches long and is perfect beyond perfect.

11:45 P.M. Second dose Mr. Anesthesiologist gave fully kicks in. Awesome. It wears off at 9:00 A.M the next morning.

4 people said...:

Jeff and Mallory said...

Congrats Tahnie! She is gorgeous!

Ali said...

Congrats you guys! What a cutie.

Cheri said...

Love that you didn't notice your water broke because you were stuffing your face! Classic. Glad she's here and that's all behind you! She was so worth it wasn't she? =)

Sycamore Girl said...

I don't know how I missed this post! And I totally made you recount everything at the reunion! I'm sorry. So, now that I've read the story, I am fully filled in. I can just see you and Brad running through the hospital incognito (gown and all) to steal some food! You are awesome! And bummer about being numb AFTER the fact, eh? Way to go on keeping it under control and doing what you are made to do. I love that we have kids the same age. The four of them together ought to be betrothed!
Love you girl! Love your family! We'll play soon...when we catch our breath.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails