Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fishing and Crackers

Don't get me wrong, fishing is great. Fresh air, junk food, spending quality time together (which just means trying to out fish everyone). The part that gets me is waking up at 5:00 AM to drive two plus hours. No thanks, I'd rather sleep in and go shopping! So that's exactly what Laynie and I did. Food shopping is still shopping for all intents and purposes. She only woke up for the important stuff, like when she helped me decide on which cracker to buy (Wheat Thins or Triscuits-both are so delicious!). From what I hear, the boys had a good time too (though I doubt they bonded in a way that Layn and I did). Check out one of the four huge fish Brynner caught on his Lightening McQueen pole! When I asked him how big his fish was, he stretched his arms out as wide as he could and with an even bigger grin, yelled at me about it's Polka Dots. Daddy, you taught him well. In fact, if we teach our children nothing else, I think they could be pretty self sufficient adults one day. Laynie the efficient cracker picker and Brynner, the pro fisherman-boy.

2 people said...:

Cheri said...

Wow! Brynner is quite the little fisherman! Makes his daddy proud!

Sycamore Girl said...

Yeah. You two are definitely teaching your kiddoz the important stuff in life!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails