Friday, March 28, 2008

Catching up

I have to play catch up due to my nearly insensitive lack of blogging lately. My apologizes to Amy, Holly, and Brad :)
Our son was finally blessed! We had scheduled his blessing for February 3rd but as you can all remember, it snowed so bad that day that church was canceled. So we had to wait until March 9th when he was finally given a wonderful blessing. The whole time during the blessing I was bouncing my legs as if he was sitting on them in some odd attempt to keep him from crying. My Dad told me he was watching Brynner through the blessing and he was just fine looking around at everyone. I was really relieved. I admit I have an irrational fear of Brynner crying in public and me not being able to console him. Odd, I know. To this day I still have a hard time going grocery shopping, for example, without Brad. It's not that Brad can magically stop the crying, I just feel better with him there. We unfortunately didn't get a get a ton of pictures of Brynner in his blessing outfit because he was so sweaty and uncomfortable that we promptly changed him not long after we got home. We did get a few..none of Brad and I, but here is one with my Mom. She is the one that made the adorable outfit. I had her make it out of the train of my wedding dress. It really means something special to me to know Brynner and I shared two of the most important days of our lives wearing essentially the same thing. With that said, please do not tease my son that he wears girls clothes...appreciate it. I had to ship the material to Arizona where my Mom made it in just three days. Thank you Mom, you're the best!

(Brynner's Elvis impression)


The Easter Bunny also made an appearance at our house as he did undoubtedly to yours. For some reason Brynner was given things like a kite, candy and other ridiculous things such as a book and movie which he cannot (or should not, rather)enjoy yet. Don't be concerned, Brad and I discussed it and will play, eat, read, and watch his things until he comes of age.


As far as things that have changed with Brynner. Last night he slept 8 hours straight! Do you know how exciting that was?? So why couldn't I enjoy it?! I woke up countless times from 3:00 to 6:00 and had to go check on him to make sure he was ok. Man, I'm beginning to sound like...oh I know...a first time parent! This is huge if he keeps this up, I'm so proud of him!

Another very important thing he started doing last week was going phhhhhww. I have no clue how to spell it but it just might be easier to show you on video. I dare you to spell it. No I triple dog dare you. That's how long I pondered on the spelling of this rather adorable new trick.


9 people said...:

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Excellent spelling. By the way, that is awesome about his blessing outfit! What a good idea!

The Richards family said...

I called that "girly noises" when my girls did that, but that clearly is not a girly noise when Brynner does it. I guess I will have to call it phhhhww. He is getting so BIG!!! I love the idea you had with his blessing outfit, that really will be a special thing for you to share. I love it!!!

Holmes Family said...

Tahnie,
He is so cute! I love baby sounds! Looks like Easter was fun. The blessing outfit is very well done. Tell your mom excellent job. It's a neat thing knowing it's a special outfit for an even more special day! Take care, Jess

Cheri said...

O my gosh that video was ADORABLE! Brynner is so cute. I still feel really bad that I missed Brynner's blessing because of the stupid time change. I was thinking we were going to be 5 min. early (for once). But nope we were 55 min. LATE. Sorry!

The Prices said...

He is so cute. It is great to see him in action on the video. I wouldn't even attempt to spell the noise. I would just call it a "raspberry". That is so great when they start sleeping through the night. But it will probably still take you a few nights to get used to it.

Brooke said...

Wow! I loved this post--what a wonderful idea about his blessing outfit. I wish I had though of it for my little man! AND...about that Easter hosing, you must know that we have Grandma and Grandpa Easter Bunnies that LOVE to join in the fun--one still even delivers to our house on Easter eve!!!

Chris said...

Chris and I tried spelling...you just had to triple dog dare didnt you! ...it is not phenetically possible! Maybe a bunch of chinese characters would work...
Oh my! I am just now thinking about blessing the Nat (not to be confused with 'gnat') Do I dare cut up my dress? I mean, what if I need use it again?

SusanMom said...

I am thinking the video is cute enough to publish on YouTube. He is adorable. I am happy the outfit turned out to your liking. I think using the train of your wedding dress was a fantastic idea. I had Tahnie cut it so that there would be the beading at the bottom for their little girl's blessing dress...No hurry of course. :)

If you want pictures of you and Brad with him in his blessing outfit hurry before he grows out of it!! You probably won't even remember it wasn't on "the" day.

The Newton's said...

I love the picture of him with his easter basket! So cute!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails