Thursday, May 22, 2008

For David Archuleta


Brynner's reaction when he heard the American Idol winner
David,
I bet you're asking yourself why America didn't vote you in as The American Idol. Because David, we're idiots. That's why. How could one resist your buttery tone and squinty eyes as you serenaded us week after week?! Life isn't always fair David but always hold onto these loving words from Paula, "David, you are ridiculous. I want to just squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rear view mirror."
I too David would like to squish your squinty little eyes...and head....and hang you from my rear view mirror. That's how much of a fan I am.
You might have seen me crying after you didn't win last night on Fox 13 news. It was all for you David. But don't cry for me, crying for you. I'll be fine, I think. On second thought, perhaps you could stop by my house later on today to check to see how I'm holding up. Thanks. It really was hard on me that you didn't win. I haven't been able to eat or sleep since that dreadful night (last night). Except I did have breakfast this morning and slept until 8:00 am. But other then that I haven't slept or ate a thing.
Well, I guess I'll be seeing you later today. Until then, hold your head up high and know that you'll always be MY American Idol.
Your biggest fan,
Tahnie

12 people said...:

Tahnie said...

I voted for William Hung.

The Prices said...

You are too cute! I didn't know you were such a fan! I just bought tickets for me, London, Amy, Lissy, and my mom to go to the American Idol concert while we are there in Utah--why, BECAUSE I LOVE LITTLE ARCHULETA!! I found a t-shirt online that has that quote from Paula--I think I am going to buy it!!

Holmes Family said...

How cute is little Brynner! I felt just like him, I was in complete shock. It was a really good season though, and I know Archuleta is going to do well, maybe even better without being tied down. Who knows maybe you'll see him around now!

The Prices said...

BTW, the picture of Brynner's shock is priceless!!

The Newton's said...

You are funny! I also loved David Archuleta. I saw him sing the national anthem at the Jazz game and I just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket. He is so cute! I like David Cook though too.

The Newton's said...

P.S. Brynner is getting so cute and big. And he sure pees mid diaper changes a lot! Gotta love the little boys. Has he ever peed in his face? Christian has. Hilarious, but disgusting! Amy is moving nearby so we all need to get together.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

O.k. I have figured it out after much internet research. The demographics of American Idol have changed since the days of Kelly Clarkson. Average age of viewer then: 30. Highest viewing demographic: ages 12-18. Average age of viewer now: 42. And it is now LEAST popular among kids ages 12-18. Incidentally, the exact age of the majority of Archuleta fans. Also, I love the kid, but my little man really sucks at giving interviews.

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

what I thought was funny about the whole thing was that for the second time in a month Utah fans were let down in the ESA. (Old Delta center.) If anything we can blame the loss on the fact they did it in the building, where the Jazz continue to disappoint time after time.

Sycamore Girl said...

Really Tahnie? Really?

I wanna squeeze Brynner and hang HIM from my rear-view mirror! Excited to see you Tuesday!

Cheri said...

I am so right there with you. I was totally shocked David A. didn't win. I was so sure he would be the winner. So sad. A lot of the 2 runner ups on American Idol sell more records than the winner. I hope it's the case with David A.

Cheri

Cheri said...

P.S. I Love the picture of Brynner!

Cheri said...

Way cute new page!

Cheri

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails