Saturday, September 20, 2008

All in a days fun!

It's 11:00 am. I decide I want to take some pictures to kill some time while Mr. Roska is at work. I wasn't ready yet and Brynner had just woken up from his nap. I quickly get ready, feed Brynner lunch, clean up and get him ready. I gather up the camera, tripod, jacket, snacks, keys, and throw it all in the stroller. I have one hour left before the next nap time, gotta hurry! I turn on the security alarm and open the back door just in time to see the first few splatters of rain on the concrete. Darn it! I look up at the sky and think by the time we walk there, it will be over with. Just as I have this thought, the heavens open and a good down pouring begins. Not to be defeated, I decide to take some picture on our front porch. Not my first choice, but it would have to do. I close the back door and wheel the stroller to the front door. By this time our security system had set and as I opened the door, the ear bending alarm goes off! I'm trying to keep Rusty from bolting out the door while digging through the stroller to find my car keys and turn off the ruckus (we have a key less entry for our alarm system). Crisis averted. I lock the door, look outside and lo and behold the rain had stopped and the sun was out. Perfect! Now if only I could get Brynner to cooperate like that. Most of the time I got pictures of a screaming toddler trying to rip chunks out of my hair. On the other hand, a grumpy face is what I need sometimes to make me smile.

While setting up the camera and tripod and looking for that darn self timer button, I pulled out 9 leaves, 2 rocks, 3 pieces of bark, and about 5 handfuls of grass out of Brynners mouth. Even with all these glorious distractions, I had squeezed in a few more shots then I had anticipated. Feeling satisfied, my little boy and I strolled leisurely back home just in time for his afternoon nap. I was excited for Mr. Roska to see the fruits of my labor. All in a days work. Or should I say, all in a days fun!

11 people said...:

The Prices said...

cute pictures!! I especially love the grumpy one though--that face is priceless!

The Richards family said...

at our get together today Alayna, Cheri, and Alisha and I were just talking about how much we love your blog and this is why!!!! You make it so interesting to read and you always have great stories. But it probably makes it easy to blog when you have such a stinkin cute little boy!!! Brynner is so cute and I love the pictures!!

P.S. do you do pictures for people? I have been wanting to get my pictures done before I leave for Oregon.

Cheri said...

Wow, you got some great pictures! I LOVE the grumpy one of Brynner. Too cute. It made me laugh so hard.
We should take family pictures sometime this week (with all the pretty leaves). Maybe Sunday the 28th?

The Newton's said...

Cute pictures! I should have you take Ella and Christian's picture sometime.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I love that baby. My favorite picture is the one with the clouds in the background and you are holding Brynner up. Awesome.

Sycamore Girl said...

I was just going to say what Amy said. And- these are the actual words that came out of my mouth as I looked at your fruits: "Wow- those are really freaking good!" Now that phrase is just floating off somewhere into the universe. I hope you get them. ...Although, now if they do decide to take a detour, its ok, becuase I just told you. Ah, me.

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

Que guapo! Gosh he is his own little man.

Camie said...

Sounds like lots of fun! You got some great pictures! Your little guy is so stinkin' cute!

Holmes Family said...

Oh, the cutest pictures ever! You are looking so good, and I cannot believe it's been six years you have been married! Congrats! Take care, Jess

McNeil Family said...

I love the same picture as Amy... but I love them all. Your little boy is adorable!!!

Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...

Tahnie, wow, your little one is growing so fast. I love these pictures; they are adorable. I love your haircut. You are always so pretty.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails