Friday, September 18, 2009

My Styrofoam Balls

I'm super crafty these days. I take things and glue them to Styrofoam balls.

(You need to read that last sentence again, it was really good.)

What kinds of things you ask? Pinto beans. It took me about 14 hours, but once I was done my sense of accomplishment felt great! I can't deny there were times when I wanted to give up, but saving $9 made it well worth my burns and sore back. You can't buy crafty knowledge like that. I proudly put The Pinto Bean Ball in it's dish along with The Twig Ball and The Hemp Ball.

Perfect.

Now I can look at them and be reminded how crafty I am. Today I started The Autumn Ball. I spent $3 on real maple leaves covered in fake coloring that smelled chemical-ish.

Perfect.

I have big plans for my collection. Seven words. The-Moss-Ball-and-The-Feather-Ball. I think I'm gluing on uncharted craft territory.

(OK you really have to read that last sentence, it was even better!)

6 people said...:

Kathryn said...

Those are great! I went through this same scenario about a year ago, ben even agreed to help me make them all, but I caved and just bought some. I am not crafty and I ended up finding some pretty reasonably priced at Michaels. But yours are so cute, the hemp one looks like it would take forever!

Holmes Family said...

Tahnie,
You are crafty!!! Those look amazing! I don't know if I could spend 14 hours doing something like that, but I do love to creat things. Little girls hair bows are my favorite!
It's fun to catch up, and I hope things are going really well!
Take care and love, Jess

Cheri said...

Great Job! They're all sooo cute. I want to make some now!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

perdy!

Sycamore Girl said...

Tahnie, you can glue things on my Styrofoam balls anytime you want.

Mom said...

You are crafty in many ways I am thinking...Love, Mom

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails