Tuesday, October 2, 2007

54 & counting

54 Days until the baby is due! It's an incomprehensible thought that Brad and I will be responsible for such a vulnerable little thing. I've had a reoccurring dream that I had twins and for some reason I keep forgetting about one of them. In my dream I won't notice for hours on end that I left him somewhere unattended and then I'll panic and scramble to find him. I'm sure every new parent has these insecurities that I can still only partly relate to. Of course you hope your going to be the best parent, the most understanding that ever existed. All the while teaching them the things you think are necessary for them to be a well adjusted, balanced adult. It's all perspective.....I vividly remember pledging to my Mom that when I grow up I'd buy my kids all the "junk cereal" as she called it, that they could handle. To me that was a good parent, so I wonder what other things I'll look back on in 15 years and shake my head at. My friend Amy told me something once that I always think about when I start to feel overwhelmed. She said there are three people helping her raise her kids; her husband, herself, and Heavenly Father. It reminds me to keep things in perspective and look forward to the lighthearted side of parenting.

6 people said...:

Chris said...

Oh Tahnie- I too have had plenty of dreams like these...I had a Twin dream as well, and the Dr. wanted to kill off one of them so I wouldnt have to have the burden of two children at once...of course I protested and was disgusted at the thought because I knew I'd be able to handle two kids at once! We have it in us- especially with the aide of our husbands and H.F. Its just going to be a ride!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

51 days! Holy Moly!I'm so excited. Hey don't tell your mom, but I really do let my kids eat junk cereal. Not all the time, but When Capn Crunch calls, who can ignore his alluring voice? Don't worry too much about parenting, I tell Zach on a daily basis that I think you will be a great mom and I mean it.

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

I think you've always got to remember that children don't need perfection and sometimes your imperfections are what help them get through those little trials they will face. If a little girl can make her Daddy her hero because he snores so loud that he keeps all the monsters away, I think just about anybody with a little effort can be that hero for their own child.

Rebecca said...

Hello!!!

Oh you are absolutely beautiful with your little pregnant tummy.
You will be a great mom!

I'll have to add your link to my blog. :)

take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tahnie! I cannot believe you will have your baby so soon - that is just incredible and you look phenomenal! I've had the twin dreams too and actually made the ultrasound tech take an extra look to make sure I'm just having one and as soon as she confirmed there's only one there the twin dreams (or nightmares?!) stopped. You will be an amazing mother - please keep in touch, our email is kimbruce@comcast.net. xoxo Kim (Moon) Hauser

Brooke said...

Tahnie-

This is Brooke (Wilde), remember me from SS? I just wanted to say that I happened upon your blog through Laura Wagstaff's--who had Kensey's. Anyway, I hope you don't mind that I peeked. Congrats on expecting! You look SO cute! Hang in there for that last couple of weeks--I remember them as almost torturous because you get so miserably uncomfortable...and you just can't wait any longer to meet that little someone that's been growing inside of you. What a miraculous time for you and your husband!!!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails