Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pumpkin Pickin'

Brad & I went and harvested our own pumpkins today at this adorable pumpkin patch! What a deal, I think we got 5 big pumpkins and two little ones for $14.00! We're going to make this a yearly tradition. You get a wheel barrel on your way in, as modeled by Bradley and start scavenging for the perfect ones. I was so happy we had our camera in the car with us. Here are a few more pics...


In the back part of the patch they had about 7 or 8 old tractors lined up at the edge of a children's corn maze. My dad would have loved to see these!


When we got home we lined up three of them on a pot and the other two we carved. We couldn't remember ever carving a pumpkin together since we were married. I'm so glad we finally did! Even if I did totally mess mine up we had fun anyway. I'm not sure if you can see it really well, because it was so dark when we took these pictures, but Brad's pumpkin is eating a smaller pumpkin. I got a good laugh out of it. I've done scary faces every year I've carved them, so I decided to do a crescent moon and stars this time.


6 people said...:

Anonymous said...

That pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! I have been looking for one like that in Colorado. No luck yet. You will have to tell me where that one is so when we move back to UT we can go visit. Ella and Christian love pumpkins and tractors.

Chris said...

Hey, where is that pumkin patch? Chris and I wanna copy you! That pic with you and a knife pointed at the pumkin scared me a bit...I mean, what if that pumkin wanst there and you looked like you were gonna git your belly??? AHHHH! Tahnies gone crazy!!! "GET THIS BLASTED BABY OUT OF ME!!!" teeheehee.

Tahnie said...

It's two seconds from our house in South Jordan. I'm not sure of the exact address but take 11400 S. (east bound) off of Bangerter Hwy. Go right at the next light (Harmon's will be on your right) and go about a 1/2 mile. I'm sure there are signs everywhere to get you there. It was seriously so much fun! Everyone should get pumpkins like this!

Zach 'n' Amy said...

Hello Tahnie! I am confused. I thought you said you were pregnant and due in about a month. But clearly from your pictures you are not pregnant at all. Where is the bloating, red face, the 60 extra pounds, and of course you are missing the beard that I love to grow for some reason when I am pregnant. Well, we are also going to copy you in that we are going to carve pumpkins but I don't know where a patch is here in this lovely, lovely city.

Tahnie said...

Ha ha Amy! Believe me, I'm pregnant and have gained more then my share of weight so far. But thanks anyway, you made my day ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tahnie, seriously... I check out your blog from Amy's and I thought you forgot to blog about having your baby. I seriously checked the blog several times to see how I missed it. You don't look prego at all!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails