Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Story Time-Vacation

I love to hear stories so I thought I'd make a habit of story time on our blog every once in a while. So here it goes... a couple stories taking place on vacations that we've been on. Story #1 A little back ground first...Brad went on his mission to Paris France and when we got married we decided we really wanted to go back before we had kids. Anyway.... one day we were in a food market buying cheese and pâté for our lunch that day. The cheese was displayed in a huge circular refrigerator, like what we have here but 4 times the size. So there we were, both engrossed at the task at hand, when all of a sudden I get hit from behind. I look back and there is this old French lady, in her late 50's or early 60's, armed with a shopping cart looking at the cheese display. I quickly said sorry and moved out of the way. You could have sworn I was invisible because she didn't even acknowledge my existence. I was shocked at her lack of concern for my now bruised calf’s and couldn't help but watch her. Not a minute later she was walking down the same isle and smashed her cart in the back of a girl that was apparently where she wanted to be. I started to feel my blood boil as I watched her do it, yet again, but this time to this sweet looking old guy. I couldn't believe it! What an ornery, miserably unhappy lady this was! Brad jokingly commented that I should go do something about it. Those that know me know I would never do what I was about to. Maybe an evil spirit inhabited my body, but before I had time to think, I marched over to her, lowered my shoulder, and checked her like a hockey player into the display case. I couldn't stand to watch her bully anyone else just because they were" in her way." Brad nearly fell on the ground from shock! As I walked back to him I realized that didn't make me feel better at all. All of a sudden we saw her coming for us. We're talking, full on running, cart in hand, coming for us. We were at the base of some stairs going up to the second level so I hopped up onto them while Brad grabbed the cart before it could run him over. Then that was it. She didn't say a thing. When she turned around we got the heck out of there before she could make a lap and try again. It makes me laugh now when I think about it, but I honestly learned a valuable lesson that day. Revenge truly doesn't make you feel better. In fact I felt so guilty we went back the next day trying to find her so I could apologize. Story #2 Brad has a tendency to start planning our vacation for the next year the day after we get back from a vacation. Therefore we usually book it well in advance so that we'll have it paid for by the time we leave. So Brad booked our flight to Florida and printed out the itinerary probably 7 months or so before we left. The morning of our trip we're running a bit late, but not bad. We're in the airport getting our boarding passes and realize they had changed the time for our flight sometime between 7 months ago and now and we hadn't bothered to confirm the time. We were going on a cruise which wouldn't have waited for us had we been flying in that morning, but luckily we were coming a day early anyway so it wasn't such a big deal. We had a good laugh, drove to a bowling alley, and played a few games while we waited for the next flight out. The morale of this story is always, always; check the times to your flight the day of to see if you have the correct times. I'll make sure story time is illustrated next time! :)

3 people said...:

Cheri said...

Thanks for story time! I haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile!

The Prices said...

That was a great story about the lady. I can't imagine you doing that!!! I would have been laughing hard if I was there though!

Chris said...

Rude French people! But good moral to the story. Sucks when there's a moral to learn huh!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails