Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tagged #2

What were you doing 10 years ago? Well to be exact....I would have scraped my windshield as little as possible before I got into "The Grandma Car" and raced to school because I would have been late. Inbetween 1st and 2nd period I would have bought an enormously huge cinnamon roll for a bargain $.75. For lunch I would go to Foodtown and buy a bagel, yogurt (Strawberry), and an apple or Banana and eat it in the hallway. Then after school I, of course, went to listen to Wet Cement practice as I drank a Hawaiian Punch. Then I would have raced to work at The Yarrow Hotel and did my homework as I waiting for calls to come in...to be exact.... 5 things on my to do list today: 1. Get in as much work time as little Brynner will allow. I'm hoping for 4 hours. 2. Do the laundry 3. Post a blog 4. Make batter for waffles in the morning...our Sunday tradition. 5. Get as much sleep as little Brynner will allow. I'm hoping for 4 hours! :) Things I would do if I suddenly became a billionaire: Man, that's a lot of tithing! :) There is all the standard stuff I would do...buy everyone in my family a house and a car, the best schools for Brynner, pay off any bills we might have, go traveling every few months, give x amount to charities each year, invest the majority of it, and give x amount to the research of admirable endeavors. Oh and another practical thing, I would have a personal masseuse so I could end my day with an hour long massage. But honestly there are more interesting things to read about so let's get right into those. Just to name a few... We would own a house in every time zone. Buy an island in the India Ocean on the Seychelles island chain. Dedicate a couple of years of training in various arts to break as many world records as we could. Brad would want to hire a tattoo artist to replicate the Sistine Chapel on the roof of his mouth (now I want you all to hold him to this!). He also really wants to give Oprah a loan and hold it over her head. Between that and using his money to corrupt the British Parliament so he could buy a seat in the House of Commons-he'd pretty much own the world. I think the only bribing I might do, on the other hand, would get dirt on the IOC so they would give into my idea of extreme picnicing as a sport for the next Olympics. It has bags of potential! My other slight indulgence would be to replicate the machine on The Jetson's so I could get ready every morning in about 2 min. and look perfect everytime. Man that would be sweet! Oh and one more thing...I would have a Jamba Juice in my house. Not asking too much, right!? :) 2 of my bad habits are: Procrastination and eating dinner in front of the television. Everytime I try and make Brad eat with me at the table he just starts to laugh when I ask about his day because he thinks of an episode of Seinfeld when Kramer had the "How was your day today?" speech. 5 places I have lived: 1. Woodland, UT 2. Orem, UT 3. Stansbury Park, UT 4. South Jordan, UT 5. Oakley, UT Jobs I have had: I starting to work at 14 and am proud to say I've only had 8 jobs in my life: Dick's Drive Inn, Levi Outlet, Yarrow Hotel, Daily Herald, Galaxy Diner, Baja Cantina, Sports Imaging Photography, and Mountain Land Design. 5 things people don't know about me: 1. Back in my crazy kid days I would completely change my outfit...shoes, socks, pants, shirt, everything...all while driving. I would do this all the time, I guess it was a combination of always being late and always anxious to get where I was going. My Dad taught me, by example, to drive with my knee so I picked up on it and learned I could do lots of things while driving like that. Bad. Bad. 2. I prefer Waffles to Pancakes if they're made at home...but Pancakes to Waffles when I'm at a restaurant. Did I just blow your mind?! 3. I've never felt as free as the night I went skinny dipping with a few friends in St. George. We were so worried about the other people looking at us, we ran by each other holding hands so no one would see from behind! Ha! ha! That's a funny memory. Don't worry girls..I won't rat you out! :) 4. I prefer to eat applesauce with cinnamon on it and cottage cheese with season salt on it. 5. My Sister, Step Sister, and I, once toilet papered our own house! If I remember correctly we wanted to get back at our parents for not letting us go get someone else that night. Of course it ended up back firing because we were the ones that cleaned it up! I now tag: Kensey, Cheri, Drew, & Em

6 people said...:

The Richards family said...

I am sitting here crying because I am laughing so hard. Wacey always makes fun of me because I change my clothes in the car, but I only can do it when someone else is driving. I will have to take lessons from you, that really would save a lot of time!!! I also loved your exact reinactment of what you were doing 10 years ago.

Brooke said...

That was fun! I love that you gave us lots of details!

The Newton's said...

So many funny memories! Those were fun times.

Chris said...

Good memory Tahnie! I love your writing! Its like you are talking right in front of me!

Cheri said...

I complety forgot that we toilet papered our own house until I read your post...LOL!! It was fun reading all of your answers!

Eden said...

Tahnie! Thanks for contacting me! Wow, your boy is so cute. Congrats. Isn't it wonderful being a mother. My little boy is about the same age as yours. You look so happy. I added you to my blog, and hope you don't mind. I want to check in on you. You were always so much fun to be around in high school. I wish we could have been better friends -

Eden

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails