Friday, April 30, 2010

Rusty

My house is now a dog free zone. You won't need to check your pants at my door and I won't have to vacuum my life away. There's a feeling of relief and sadness all at once. To be completely honest, the scale might tip toward the relief side a tad until I think of how Brynner might react, then it crashes toward the sad side (so far he hasn't even asked about him). For all I know Brynn may be happy to not get smacked in the face with a tail every day or occasionally get trampled over so Rusty can make a run for it out the door. I still worry, who is going to fulfill his daily dog interactions? Who is he going to laugh at, climb over, and get his clothes covered in hair with? Who can he use as a stepping stool, get his hands cleaned by, and give his graham crackers to? Who will he tell to sit or tap his foot by a crumb and say, "Here Rusty!" while being totally ignored? Who will he give hugs and pats to or make sure I know, "He has a pee pee!" every. single. day. Sorry Brad looks like I'm off the hook for two very good reasons.

1) I don't have a pee pee.

2) My pregnant belly shouldn't be consuming any more crumbs or leftover graham crackers then it already is.

3 people said...:

Cheri said...

Where did you take Rusty? I think it's good because I could tell how much stress he was causing you guys. I didn't tell you on Sunday when we were getting ready to leave Rusty bolted out of the door when Sterling had his hands full. Sterling ran after him for four blocks and had to end up CARRYING Rusty all the way back to your house (four blocks! Our car was full so he couldn't use it) because he didn't have a collar on and I couldn't find it anywhere!
I hope Brynner won't be sad but he'll soon have a new baby sister that will refocus his attention!

Sycamore Girl said...

Oh. Sad. I recall the same emotions when we had to say goodbye to Hank. It is bitter sweet, but there is a time and place for everything. Goodbye Rusty. I hope your new home is fabulous!
...where did he end up?

Kensey said...

Hey! I tried emailing you, but it wasn't working.
I love the cute pictures of Nate and Jess and little Tilly. She is a sweetie! I saw her a few weeks ago and she was quite the sleepy head then! Do you have any interest in taking pictures of three little stubborn kiddies? Especially one who just turned 1? It would definitely be a challenge for sure (more for the twins then for Mason), so don't feel obligated. But if you want some practice on kids we would LOVE you to practice on us. Let me know what you think because I am going to get some of Mason no matter what. We'll pay you...and it would be fun to see you! It's been a while. How are you feeling by the way?

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails