Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Story Time-Elliott

Brad's youngest brother, Elliott, is one in a billion. I love his quirks and how he doesn't follow societies rules. I swear the world would be a better place if there were a few more Elliott's around. Drew posted some stories of Elliott on their blog here. He asked us to do the same. So, with love, here are some stories that always make the Roska's laugh...
Phone Conversation
Tahnie: Hi Elliott, it's Tahnie!
Elliott: Hey 'Tahn's of fun'. What's up?
Tahnie: Oh nothing much. Hey, I need to leave your Mom a message on the phone so I'm going to call back OK?
Elliott: Oh sure, no problem.
.......ring ring....
Elliott: Hello?
Tahnie: Hey Elliott it's Tahnie. I need to leave your Mom a message so don't answer the phone next time OK? I'm calling right back...
Elliott: Oh OK. Sure.
......ring ring.....
Elliott: Hello?
Tahnie: (laughing) Elliott! I need to leave your Mom a message so I'm going to call right back so I can get the answering machine.... DON'T answer the phone next time it rings OK?
Elliott: OK. Got it.
....ring ring.....
Elliott: Hello?
Tahnie: Elliott! Listen-to-me. Don't-answer-the-phone. I'm-calling-right-back-and-I-need-to-leave-your-Mom-a-message. Tell me what I just told you.
Elliott: To not answer the phone because you need to leave Mom a message.
Tahnie: Perfect. Now I'm calling right back OK? So don't answer.
Elliott: OK.
.....ring ring.....
Elliott: Hello?
Tahnie: Bud! Seriously! sigh.... Just tell your Mom I called OK?
Elliott: Yea sure.
Camping bag
I love the four things Elliott packed in his bag for a camping trip a few years back.
2. Digi Draw (that's right he brought up a second one in case the first failed him)
3. pad of paper
4. pencil
Mission
When Brad was on his mission his companion Elder Martin loved the letter he got from Elliott so much he still has it from what I understand.
Dear Brad,
Guess what? Yup. Sock's bit me.
Love you
Brad also heard on his mission that Elliott called 911 because some kids wouldn't play with him in the neighborhood.
Prayer
Elliott was asked to give the prayer before Sunday dinner. He prayed among others things that his Dad's, "Raging indigestion" would get better. All 7 of us tried so hard to not laugh, but we couldn't help it and poor Elliott got his feelings hurt. What jerks we are!
Sandwich
Kent brought a friend home that Elliott had never met (bigger guy). They walked in the front door and Elliott looked at him and said, "You must be hungry! Let me make you a sandwich."
I had to limit it to five stories but I seriously have more. You've gotta love this kid. He's great and sweet and thoughtful and so funny!!! Great idea to write these down Drew. I hope he'll appreciate them when he gets older.

6 people said...:

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

What an amazing kid!!! A sitcom couldn't come up with anything better. I love that kid.

The Prices said...

I am laughing out loud!! What a cute kid!!

Sycamore Girl said...

What? Who is this kid?! I want to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Those are hilarious! I need a good laugh today. He is a sweet kid, that Elliott.

Zach 'n' Amy said...

I wish he was in my family! How old is he?

Cheri said...

I can see Elliott doing all of those things. I was laughing so hard!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails